Medical Oncology Patient Care Technician - PRN/Flexible Scheduling
Patient Care Technician Medical Oncology - PRN, Flexible Schedule!
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is actively looking for compassionate and energized nurse technician candidates who are interested in developing and growing their clinical skills in a supportive and caring environment. Flexible schedule available for days and night shifts including weekends.
Our 35-bed Medical and Oncology Unit offers exceptional care for patients being treated for a variety of medical conditions including COPD, Chronic Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and for those needing Radiation Therapy.
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve.
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome educational resources, a matching (401) k program, referral bonuses, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and Level II Trauma Center
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 5th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
This position under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, License Practical Nurse, or Nursing Supervisor, provides basic patient care and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assists with admission of patient including orientation to the environment
- Cares for patients belongings according to hospital procedure, i.e. artificial appliances and prosthesis, glasses, hearing aides and dentures, and valuables
- Provides individualized care responsive to needs of patients, families and physicians
- Takes and reports vital signs under proper supervision
- Assists with discharge of patient; helps patient recover all personal belongings, accompanies patient to automobile
- Bathing; routine bed baths, showers, therapeutic baths, Sitz baths, pre-operative bath, shampoo and facial shave
- Sponges patient for temperature control as needed
- Gives am care and pm care
- Makes beds; occupied, open, closed, and surgical
- Assists with exercise prescribed for patient; dangle, range of motion, turning, transfer from bed to chair or stretcher, ambulate, crutch walking, walkers. Knows correct body mechanics for both the patient and self
- Collects specimens for Laboratory; urine, feces, sputum
- Performs and reports Accu-chek as ordered
- Gives and removes bedpans and urinals, records I/O
- Gives treatments after instruction by and under the supervision of professional nurses; i.e., enemas, ace bandages, ice caps, and bags, aquamatic pool, TED hose, hot and cold non-sterile compresses, rectal tubes, external catheters, binders. Assists with colostomy care and Foley care
- Cares for patient receiving respiratory therapy; and O2 by cannula or mask
- Assist patient with incentive spirometry after initial teaching has been completed
- Assists with orientation of new Patient Care Technicians
- Performs efficiently with CPCS/Healthstream/E-Resources.
- Maintains ongoing training and proficiency with CPC
- Floats to other units as needed