Distinguishing Features of the Class:
Faculty teach department courses and evaluate student performance pursuant to guidelines set by the department and the College. Faculty report to the Department Chair within the Academic Unit. Faculty are responsible for preparing lessons and student learning activities. Faculty must maintain accurate records on students and submit pertinent data to the department and/or the College.
Typical Work Activities:
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of subject;
- Provides students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s);
- Prepares course syllabi which motivate and engage students;
- Aligns learning activities with Departmental course outcomes; Evaluates student's performance based on course learning outcomes;
- Assists students as faculty advisor and holds office hours;
- Provides tutorial help to students;
- Serves on departmental, unit, and college committees;
- Provides as appropriate learning environment for students;
- Respond to students and provide students with assistance and guidance;
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative College environment;
- Adheres to all College policies and follow the process as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct;
- Fulfills all duties as required in the FFECC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive and diverse learning environment. Knowledge of academic discipline; ability to implement a variety of teaching strategies; use of instructional technology where appropriate; experience with computerized student record management; ability to develop educational programs; ability to teach effectively at the college level; initiative and resourcefulness; industry and dependability; ability to work in a team and collaborative environment; effective communication skills; experience teaching a diverse student body; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Master's Degree in Nursing and a current New York State unencumbered Registered Nurse's license is required with recent clinical experience in specialized area. Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
Experience in teaching at the College level preferred.
Please attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Salary: $43,481.00 plus NYS Retirement, Health and Dental Insurance, and more.
Please direct apply to: www.ecc.edu/work
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.