LPN Integrated Care Services
The primary function of the Licensed Practical Nurse in Integrated Care Service is in support for the evaluation and coordination of Non VA Care referrals for Alaska Veterans throughout the state of Alaska in addition to lower 48 VA and Non VA facilities. The LPN in this position may also be involved in scheduling Non VA Care appointments in the community for patients who are having their care referred to the community sector to facilitate care being received. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs administrative and clinical support duties of the Non VA Care Coordination (NVCC), Patient-Centered Community Care (PC3), Veteran Choice programs and 673rd DoD Joint Venture referrals to ensure quality, efficient, patient-centered referrals.
- Manages the PC3 portal to include Veteran Comments, Notifications, Medical Documentation, and other PC3 communications through the portal.
- Coordinates ICS Non VA Care referrals (NVCC, PC3, Veteran Choice, 673rd ) with the PACT teams.
- Scanning of medical documentation to CPRS
- Documents Veteran Choice appointments by entering a CPRS progress note and alerting appropriate staff
- Upload pertinent patient documentation to the portal utilizing the PC3/Veteran Choice Template cover sheet
- Active team membership with RN/LPN/MSA specialty teams
- Active participation in the entire VA Non VA Care Coordination (NVCC) process
- Contact patients and/or Non VA Care providers for documentation for consult closure
- Assists ICS RN Care Managers with coordinating ancillary and specialty care documentation flow of Non VA Care Outpatient care, Emergency Room visits and Inpatient admissions.
- The LPN performs a wide range of Non VA Care referrals according to established protocols, policies and procedures.. The LPN works well with all disciplines.
- The LPN acts as a liaison between staff in regards to issues that may arise when completing Non VA Care referrals.
- Serves as a point of contact for problem-solving and appropriately responds to irate or concerned customers.
Telework: This position has been determined to be not suitable for telework.
Bargaining Unit Status: AFGE
Functional Statement Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Relocation Expenses have not been authorized for this recruitment effort.
Financial Disclosure Reporting is not required for this position.
- U.S. citizenship.
- English language proficiency. (written and spoken)
- Graduate of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accrediting agency and/or National League for Nursing at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Exceptions include: Health care education in the military service or training in the military service which is accepted by the licensing body in the jurisdiction in which the individual is licensed as qualifying for full LPN/LVN licensure will be accepted; 2) VHA employees who converted to appointments under 38 U.S.C. 7401(3) in implementation of P.L. 98-160 enacted November 21, 1983, and for VHA employees converted to appointments under 38 U.S.C. 7405 in implementation of P.L. 99-576, enacted October 28, 1986; 3) Individuals granted a license by a jurisdiction that does not require graduation from an approved school.
- Must possess and maintain a full, active, current and unrestricted license as a graduate/licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
- Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
GS-4. (a) Six months of qualifying experience as an LPN or LVN; or
(b) Graduation from an approved school and one year of experience that involved nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures; or Graduation from an approved school of at least 24 months duration.
GS-5 Completion of at least 1 year of qualifying experience at the GS-4 level or equivalent.
GS-6: Completion of at least one (1) additional year of qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent.
References: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G13, LICENSED PRACTICAL OR VOCATIONAL NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated April 10, 2003.
PLEASE NOTE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Salary to be determined by Professional Standard Board of your peers and based on your education, experience, and professional accomplishments.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting, 45 pounds and over; Moderate carrying, 15-44 pounds; Straight pulling; Pulling hand over hand; Pushing; Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (2 hours); Standing (2 hours); Kneeling (1 hour); Repeated bending (1 hour); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near Vision correctable at 13' to 16' to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Both eyes required Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
VA Form 10-2850c Application for Associated Health Occupations can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, documentation to support Veterans Preference or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees).
- Cover Letter
- Service Connection Letter