Registered Nurse (RN) Bariatric Program Coordinator
Medical City Dallas
RN - Registered Nurse - Bariatric Program- Coordinator
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City is a very “special” ANCC Magnet medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commissions highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.Why work for HCA:
The MBS Coordinator assists in center development, managing the accreditation process and ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP requirements, maintaining relevant policies and procedures, patient education, outcomes data collection, quality improvement efforts, and education of relevant staff in the various aspects of the metabolic and bariatric surgery patient with a focus on patient safety. The MBS Coordinator supports the development of written protocols and education of nurses detailing the rapid communication and basic response to critical vital signs that is specifically required to minimize delays in the diagnosis and treatment of serious adverse events.
The MBS Coordinator serves as the liaison between the facility and all surgeons performing metabolic and bariatric surgery at the center and, if applicable, all general surgeons providing call coverage. The MBS Coordinator assists in maintaining the documentation of the call schedule provided by all covering surgeons. The MBS Coordinator works closely with the MBSCR to assure timely submission of outcomes data. The centers organizational framework must incorporate the MBS Coordinator position, and the MBS Coordinator must have the authority and resources to fulfill the above listed duties.
• Assumes accountability and responsibility for the quality, continuity, and coordination of nursing care across the spectrum of care of the Bariatric Patient.
• Manages all components of the Bariatric Program within the facility.
• Acts as patient advocate to implement and direct care to ensure patient safety in the clinical practice environment.
• Integrates the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
• Participates in activities and acts as a leader in promoting best practices, department specific initiatives and process
• Builds on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice
• Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Responsible for successful progression of the patient from pre-op through follow-up services.
• Shares knowledge with peers and assists in orientation of new employees
• Communicates effectively with physicians and other department personnel
• Keeps Manager informed of programs progress.
• Develops and implements patient education materials.
• Verifies appropriate and properly working equipment available to patients.
• Represents the program at conferences and professional meetings
• Ensures appropriate discharge planning for the Bariatric Patient.
• Identifies and responds to patients, significant others, and staff requests for education.