Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Intensive Care Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Happy at Retreat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqsYKbewHw
Retreat Doctors Hospital
, a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital, is a 226-bed facility and is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! Retreat is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation and accredited by the Joint Commission.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Intensive Care Unit)
(14 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship in the Intensive Care Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency:
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Intensive Care Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our ICU:
13-bed unit- 4 ICU beds and 9 Telemetry beds. This is a great transitional unit and great place to start for someone who is seeking critical care experience in a more supportive environment that is small, but fast pace
Family oriented environment focused on teamwork who believes that “anything can be done at any time for any patient when you work with the great team that we have”.
Nurses on this unit are trained at a critical care level, but will care for ICU and PCU patients
Diverse patient population
This unit requires a new graduate who is strong and confident in their clinical skills with a go getter attitude who will be pro-active with learning and individual growth and development
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*