Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Progressive Care Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Nurse Graduate Testimonial:
“It is important to me that I understand my nurse graduates strengths and areas we need to work on, in addition to their goals, so that I can support them and develop them and so that they can be successful. I have been with John Randolph for 8 years- everyone knows everyone. It is a very family oriented hospital that gives nurse graduates the opportunity to be seen and to thrive.”
Director of PCU
John Randolph Medical Center
, a 147-bed acute care facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell, VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a Leapfrog Group “A” Patient Safety Score
. Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardial infarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Additionally, weve been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval
from The Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit)
(14 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship in the Progressive Care Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Progressive Care Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our Progressive Care Unit:
25 bed unit- all private rooms equipped for tele monitoring
Higher acuity adolescent and adult patients to include: Telemetry, Upper Respiratory, Stroke, Chest Pain, Pneumonia, Congestive Failure, etc.
Nurses receive basic rhythm monitoring certification
Nurse/patient ratio: 1:4 with tech support
Good working relationship with physicians
Graduate nurses who thrive in a fast pace environment that depends on strong teamwork will be successful on this unit. This is a wonderful opportunity to build a strong nursing foundation that will enable a graduate nurse to develop critical thinking skills
Check us out and like us on Facebook!
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*