Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Ortho Unit, Part Time Nights and Rotating Weekends
Patient Care Assistant
Part Time (.6 FTE),
Nights and Rotating Weekends
2S, Ortho Unit
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St Lucie Medical Center is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie Medical Center has also been voted as a top five “Destination Hospital for Nurses.” With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for the seventh consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and various Insurance options are available.
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Patient Care Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments and assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.