HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of todays life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of surgical procedures to enable proper performance of scrub duties and to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments.
Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Utilizes physician preference cards to set up each case; updates cards when indicated, and routing updated cards in the approved manner.
- Facilitates effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures.
- Assists in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces, as required.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients, stretchers, and OR tables and other equipment to prevent injury to patient and self.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
- Adheres to Standard Precautions.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment, as per policy.
- Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials/wastes.
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets.
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Centers goals and objectives.
- Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain current BCLS, and other required certification (if indicated) current as defined by job role.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and participates in emergency drills.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and patient information at all times.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Age Specific Care:
- The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child and adolescent when such patient populations are served, as well as adult and geriatric.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
- Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
- Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
Participates in Best Practices, Quality/Risk Initiatives, RCAs and other teams to improve patient care.
Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other stakeholders in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
Demonstrates dependability and accountability.
Demonstrates a willingness to help others.
Supports the centers mission by providing flexibility in assignment changes, dependability in attendance, punctuality, timely completion of assignments.
Maintains a professional image through proper attire, language, and conduct.
Keeps management informed of any malfunctions in instruments, equipment, and supplies.
Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety standards/practices/policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Maintains current knowledge of surgical procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and select instruments and equipment necessary for surgical procedures and appropriately interpret information on preference cards.
- Knowledge of current practice related to hand hygiene, aseptic and sterile technique.
- Knowledge of current practice of decontamination, high level disinfectant and sterilization procedures.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
- Maintains current knowledge of advances in operating room trends.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patients cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrates leadership, effective organizing, and planning skills.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High Impact Communication - Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills - Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
One year experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
Active LPN license as required by state of employment.
Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.