Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical Full Time Nights
Registered Nurse (RN)
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital is a full-service facility that is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been providing a range of healthcare services to residents of Plantation and Central Broward County for 45 years. Our nationally recognized centers of excellence specialize in maternity, high risk maternity; pediatrics, pediatric intensive care and Level III neonatal intensive care have earned us a distinguished reputation for quality.
Plantation General Hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and as a Center of Excellence in Neonatal services, one of the only three in the nation. We deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
Plantation General Hospital is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.