Advance Practice Registered Nurse
The Pueblo Community Living Center (CLC) provides Long Term Care, Respite Care, Hospice and Palliative Care as well as shorter term transitional care to specialized population of veteran residents in a 40 bed residential community. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) for the CLC provides on-site medical care as the Primary Care Provider fo this specialized population of mostly Gero-Psych residents and serves as member of a larger interdisciplinary team.
Other Duties Consist of:
- Answers or triage clinical questions regarding care of veteran to staff and family members.
- Provides input into the admission screening for residents pending admission to the CLC. Completes consults for admission in CPRS with notes regarding admission decisions.
- Provides on-site visits or evaluations for prospective residents prior to admission as appropriate.
- Conducts initial medical assessment, history and physical, admission note and admission orders for new admission to the CLC on the same day as admission. Notes are completed and signed within 48 hours.
- Conducts Monthly evaluations on every resident in the CLC with at least one provider note per month entered into CPRS.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments for each veteran in accordance with the Pueblo CLC MDS Assessment plans, including Quarterly and Annual assessments as scheduled. All notes are signed in the Medical Record same day.
- Orders diagnostic test and follows up on results.
- Completes any open or pending CPRS alerts each day.
- Submits consults and referrals for specialty care and collaboration.
- Facilitates communication with CLC Medical Director to discuss complex cases and collaboration of care.
- Maintains confidentiality and utilize appropriate channels of communication when sharing information the CLC and other services or Non-VA Locations.
- Develops training opportunities for CLC staff and participates in training opportunities both inside and outside of the facility, with a focus on the care of Gero-Psych population.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
* Heavy Lifting, 45 pounds and over
* Heavy Carrying 54 pounds and over
* Straight pulling (2-6 hours)
* Pushing (2-6 hours)
* Reaching above shoulder
* Use of fingers
* Both hands required
* Walking (5-9 hours)
* Standing (4-8 hours)
* Kneeling (1-2 hours
* Repeated bending (2-4 hours)
* Climbing, legs only (1-2 hours)
* Twisting (2-4 hours)
* Excessive noise, intermittent
* Constant noise
* Radiant energy
* Electrical energy
* Slippery or uneven surfaces
* Working around moving objects and vehicles
* Unusual fatigue factors
* Working with hands in water
* Working closely with others
* Working alone
* Heavy patient care
* Rotating/Multiple shifts
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- 10-2850a Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists
- Other Veterans Document