Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (Medical Service) Gastroenterology/Dermatology
The Gastroenterology/Dermatology provider will assist the Gastroenterologist in the GI Clinic including consultations and follow-up as well as other duties deemed necessary under the supervision of the Gastroenterologist. This position is a hybrid, with the provider working in the Dermatology procedure clinic on days set by Medical Service. The Dermatology duties include providing consultation/treatment of dermatologic procedures including but not limited to liquid nitrogen treatments, incision and drainage as well as excision of skin lesions and skin biopsies.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours may be rotated or extended based upon the needs of the Medical Center or our Veterans.
- Citizenship - United States citizen.
- English Language Proficiency - Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Certification - Possess a current, full, active and unrestricted nursing license or certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) is a requirement for employment. (This requirement does not apply to non-certified PAs on VA rolls as of that date).
- Possess a MSN degree from a program accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on College Nursing Education (CCNE) or I hold a bachelor's degree from a PA training program which is certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA); or graduated from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a bachelor's degree in a health care occupation or a health-related science; or graduated from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a period of progressively responsible health care experience such as an independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, medical technologist, or medical technician. The duration of approved academic training and health care experience must total at least 5 years.
- GRADE: To be determined by the Professional Standards Board (PSB) commensurate with experience and education.
SALARY: Salary will be determined by the Professional Standards Board (PSB) and is based on experience and education.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Nurse Practitioner: Prolonged periods of walking and standing are required as well as the ability to bend and stoop. High levels of stress may be experienced in relation to working with patients with chronic and terminal illnesses.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter