RN Clinic Manager- Hibbing/Ely
2 days left
- Full Time
RN Clinic Manager- Hibbing & Ely VA Outpatient Clinics
In collaboration with the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) leadership team and Primary and Specialty Medicine Service Line in the Minneapolis VA Healthcare System, the Clinic Manager assumes responsibility and accountability for the day to day clinical operation and patient flow of designated clinics. This includes the management, supervision and evaluation of care delivered by nursing staff and support staff in the clinic. The Manager is also responsible for contributing to the establishment and implementation of evidenced-based nursing standards of practice. In collaboration with the Director, the Manager creates a positive work environment which enhances care delivery and professional development of clinically competent staff. The Manager promotes, creates, demonstrates and ensures a culturally diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected. This position is accountable to ensuring regulations are in accordance with regulatory bodies which includes but is not limited to The Joint Commission, OIG, CAP and OSHA.
Education/Experience: Master's degree preferred, 3 years of clinic operations and nursing leadership preferred
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Administrative Days; Clinic hours of operation are 7:30AM-4:30PM; No weekends or holidays
Travel requirements: Routinely travel between VA clinics in Hibbing and Ely, MNBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Physical Requirements: In accordance with HRML No. 05-12-02, Employment of People with Disabilities, Including Under Schedule A, 5 CFR 213.3102 (u). Requirements include:
Heavy Lifting (up to 35 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-35 lbs); Reaching Above Shoulder; Ability and dexterity of hand(s) to manage gross and fine motor tasks of patient care (i.e. IV insertion, wound care management, etc.); Walking Throughout Assigned Shift; Standing As Duties Require; Kneeling as Duties Require; Repeated Bending As Duties Require; Near Vision Correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far Vision Correctable in One Eye To 20/50 and to 20/100 In the Other; Color Vision; Hearing (aid permitted); and Specific Hearing Requirements.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- VA FORM 10-2850A