Psychiatric Nurse (RN)
Eastside Medical Center
- Snellville, GA
Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, womens services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care as evidence by documentation, observation and competencies. Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (arm band & picture), hand off communication.
- Assessment completed within 4 hours of admission, each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice within 24 hours of admissions.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition and at least every 24 shift.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patients physiological, behavioral and medical status are recognized, reported and documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized as appropriate.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPN or Nurse Technician staff, directs activities of the LPN or Nurse Technician staff within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; to include eMAR scanning where available and Medication Reconciliation.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Observe patients closely to prevent falls. In the event of a fall, immediately assess and reassess within 2 hours.
- Keeps supplies at par level, ordering when necessary.