Unit Assistant Nurse Assistant Medical Surgical Unit
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, offers world-class care for emergency medicine, imaging and diagnostic needs. But Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER offers more than state-of -the-art emergency care. From cardiology to urology, health screenings to scheduled surgery, patients and family members can rest easy knowing that our experienced, compassionate doctors, nurses and staff are here to serve them. In addition to providing world class medical care, our 82 bed facility promotes wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer group, a Huron Healthcare Solution. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
Wesley Woodlawn is also proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!Position Summary:
The Unit Assistant functions as a Nurse Assistant and Unit Clerk as determined by department needs. Performs individualized patient -focused care and technical tasks under the direct delegation of a registered nurse that are based on the developmental levels of the departments specific patient population. Assist patients with the activities of daily living utilizing a patient-centered approach. Serves as a patient advocate working in a collaborative manner with the interdisciplinary team. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Assists with the care of the patient in collaboration with the patient care team
- Maintains and applies principles of patient safety
- Ensures decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions and of patient care
- Establishes communication and respectful relationships with all disciplines
- Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command
- Presents a positive image at all times while directing customers to appropriate areas
- Answers telephone and intercom efficiently and courteously, relaying messages and calls to appropriate personnel and other departments as needed
- Maintains records, transcribes physician orders, and assures orders are carried out in an expeditious manner
- Coordinates activities of nursing unit with other departments