NURSE MANAGER - LAF CBOC
3 days left
- Full Time
Major Job Duties:
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of nursing personnel in the Primary Care Clinic. The incumbent ensures that staff provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the acceptable standard of care which includes systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate judgment, and evaluation of human responses. The incumbent demonstrates (a) Leading and organizing delivery of care to assure continuity of care and peer accountability for practice, including access to care and discharge planning; (b) Using advanced clinical knowledge/judgment to promote staff involvement in planning, decision-making and evaluating outcomes, (c) Functioning as an expert in clinical practice and/or areas related to the assigned roles and responsibilities, (d) Systematically evaluating current practice, and formulating outcomes for groups of patients and/or organizational processes within area of expertise, (e) Guiding, developing, and supporting staff from a leadership perspective, and (f) Using professional standards of care, scientific evidence, and practice to evaluate programs and/or service activities. The nature of the work environment places the incumbent in a key position requiring tact, diplomacy and reliable decision-making abilities to carry out assigned responsibilities.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets priorities and prepares schedules to ensure completion of work;
- Staffs and assigns work based on priorities, requirements of assignments and capabilities of subordinates;
- Evaluates work performance;
- Gives advice, counsel or instructions to personnel on work and administrative matters;
- Hears and resolves complaints of staff and Veterans;
- Recommends and/or takes disciplinary action where appropriate; Identifies development and training needs for staff and provides/coordinates training;
- Analyzes performance improvement data and establishes action plans for improvement;
- Completes recurring reports in a timely manner;
- Participates on service or medical center committees and task forces;
- Works in partnership with the union and adheres to EEO principles; and
- Develops and manages collaborative relationships with physicians and other clinicians.
- Basic computer skills to include use of electronic medical record
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment
- Self-Directed, well organized
- Able to make decisions
- Strong Patient Advocate
Tour of Duty: 7:30 am -4:00 pm
The population of male and female veterans served ranges from the adult, age 18, to the elderly adult, age 65 and over. This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required up to 45 pounds. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs. In addition, the incumbent must be emotionally stable and adjust to different types of personalities, demonstrating cheerfulness, compassion, courtesy and concern. He/she must be quick and dependable in taking emergency action as directed and use initiative in preventing accidents.Basic Requirements:
United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION FOR TITLE 38 ASSOCIATED HEALTH PERSONNEL
Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- CV or Resume (Required)
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search (Required)
- COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS (Required)
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) (Required if applicable)
- If prior military service, include all copy of your DD Forms 214 - member copy 4 (Required if applicable)
- Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit SF-15. (Available at http://www.opm.gov(forms/pdf fill(SFIS.Qdf) (Required if applicable)