Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Medical Surgical Unit)
Parkland Medical Center
, a 86-acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Level III Trauma Center that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health.
Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Medical Surgical Unit)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship on the Medical Surgical Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position on the Medical Surgical Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Cohort Start Date:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*