Registerd Nurse-South Annex Express
4 days left
- Full Time
Position Summary: Recruitment is open for full time staff RN in the Primary Care/South Express clinic. The individual selected for this position will be accountable to the appropriate Nurse Manager, Primary Care.
Position Requirements: Must meet regulatory qualification standards as identified in VA Handbook 5005, Part II, and Chapter 3; be a US citizen, have full, active, unrestricted licensure as a professional nurse in any state. Must be able to physically and mentally perform the functions of the position.
Minimum of 2 years successful nursing practice; medical/surgical, emergency room and/ or intensive care experience preferred; BSN preferred.
Demonstrated ability in leadership, judgment, decision-making, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong, positive interpersonal/customer service skills.
Demonstrated integrity, dependability and ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated ability to function as a self-directed, productive team member and adapt readily to varying patient care needs and fluctuation in workload.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to accomplish the medical center's mission, vision and goals.
Demonstrated ability to use hospital computer programs.
Ability to work flexible hours as required.
Work Schedule: Varies/Pending on needs of the department.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Participation in seasonal influenza program may be required.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Active RN License
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Active RN License
- Disability Letter