Registered Nurse - Open Continuous Announcement
5 days left
- Full Time
VA Northern Indiana Health Care System is seeking innovative Registered Nurses to become part of our Healthcare Team. This is an open and continuous posting in which you will identify the areas in which you are interested in working. Areas include inpatient and outpatient areas to provide care to our Nation's Veterans. The incumbent will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans. Duties include documenting observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade.
This announcement covers multiple areas within VA Northern Indiana Health Care System. Eligible applicants will be referred based on answers to the Occupational Questionnaire (Area of Specialty)The specific areas of specialty include:
Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT)
Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Community Living Center
Home Based Primary Care
Work Schedule: Work schedules will vary based upon the current vacancy and the needs of the Service.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse I/Nurse II/Nurse III
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Varies per unit, however, the candidate will have similar experience to that of the area they are applying to.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Registered Nurse Functional Requirements: Heavy Lifting 50 lbs and over (intermittently); Carrying up to 45 lbs (intermittently); Repeated bending; Straight Pulling up to 45 lbs (intermittently); Straight Pushing up to 45 lbs (intermittently); Stooping (intermittently); Squatting (intermittently); Kneeling (occasionally); Use of both arms; Use of both hands; Use of fingers; Overhead work, both arms (intermittently); Prolonged walking (up to 4 hours/day); Prolonged standing (up to 4 hours/day); Sitting (up to 2 hours/day); Far Vision - correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other; Near Vision - correctable to read newsprint at 13-16 inches; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing - ability to hear and understand the spoken voice from a distance of 8 feet. Emotional and mental stability - ability to effectively perform the essential functions of the position and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.