Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Behavioral Health Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Happy at Parham:
Parham Doctors Hospital
, a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital, is a 200-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! Parham has also been named one of the nations Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- a recognition that would not be possible without the dedicated team of physicians, nurses, and staff at our facilities.
Parham Doctors Hospital Center for Emotional Growth
is centered towards addressing all aspects of wellness in a holistic treatment approach involving interconnectedness of body, mind, emotion, spirit, social/culture, relationship, context and environment. The treatment plan and course of treatment is centered specifically to each individuals wellness and recovery needs, including inpatient care, and adult partial hospitalization programs.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Behavioral Health Unit)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 6 weeks preceptorship on the Behavioral Health Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
Trauma Informed Care and HCA Corporation Behavioral Health Core Curriculum
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position on the Behavioral Health Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our Behavioral Health Unit:
12 bed Recovery (acute) side and 12 bed Awareness (non-acute) side
Conditions treated: Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression and Mood Disorders, Anger Management, Social Withdrawal, Aggression, Self-Injurious Behavior, and Sexual Abuse and Assault
Our inpatient services are designed to provide intensive treatment to voluntary and involuntary adult patients, ages 18 and older, using an interdisciplinary, therapeutic team approach
Nurse/patient ratio- 1:5/6 with tech support
This team is comprised of diverse and experienced nurses who embrace nurse graduates and are supportive of continued education and professional development!
Check out and like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HenricoDoctors/
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*