Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Progressive Care Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Happy at Parham: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqsYKbewHw
Parham Doctors Hospital
, a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital, is a 200-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission
has awarded Parham Doctors Hospital with the Gold Seal of Approval for Joint Replacement
and Spinal Fusion
. We are a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
and an Accredited Chest Pain Center
by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We are a MBSAQIP-Accredited
site for Bariatric Surgery and have a Total Joint Center of Excellence program
and a Spine Center of Excellence program.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit)
(17 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 9 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship on the Progressive Care Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS, CPI
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency:
- 9 month program factored into your full time position on the Progressive Care Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about our Unit:
16 private beds
Types of patients include, stroke, cardiac, neuro, telemetry, post-surgical, drip medications, chest pain, etc.
Nurse patient ratio: 4:1 with tech support
Fast pace unit that is a great stepping-stone into critical care, allowing a nurse graduate to develop foundational nursing skills, learn medications, task management, and develop critical thinking skills
This unit requires a nurse graduate who can perform in a fast pace setting and quickly learn task prioritization and time management with the support of leadership
Leadership is experienced, visible, approachable, supportive, and always there to pitch in on the floor as needed! This is truly a team and family oriented unit that will support you in your career growth and development, among other things!
Meet PCUs Nurse Manager:
Meet PCU team members:
Check out and like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HenricoDoctors/
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*