Nurse Practitioner II - Outpatient General Surgery
The NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate "standardized procedures" (SP). By using the SPs the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition, and determines if they are abnormal findings (Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725). Provide and coordinate the care of General Surgery patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care. Participate in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds, provide education and support as well as make appropriate referrals. Document services rendered. Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Division Chief.
1. Ability to utilize excel, word and other software programs
2. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative, clinical and academic personnel
3. Skill in working independently and following through with minimum directions
4. Ability to set priorities
5. Demonstrate writing skills to compose logical, detailed and grammatically correct correspondence
6. Document patient care in an concise and comprehensive manner
California RN license required
Graduation from an NP program with an NP license and accredited certification required (Acute Care NP or Acute-Gerontology NP)
2-3 years of NP experience in outpatient setting required
Would Care Certification or experience preferred.