Radiology Technologist - PRN
|As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We may not have an open position currently - but you are welcome to submit your application for Radiology Technologists and be considered for future open opportunities.
General Summary: The Radiology Technologist provides radiographic services to patients. Operates imaging equipment, develops film, prepares patient rooms, maintains equipment, and supplies. The Radiology Technologist is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Radiology Tech competency checklist.
2. Develops films and processes studies to assure a high technical quality for physician interpretation.
3. Provides timely and adequate documentation to ensure reimbursement for services provided.
4. Maintains all patient X-Ray files in a confidential and secure manner.
5. When taking call for Radiology. Responds to all calls in 30 minutes or less to assure continuity of patient care.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills to ensure optimal patient care and promote a positive working environment.
7. Participates in activities that contribute to personal and professional growth and development.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Does not direct the activities of staff or a function.
Supervision: Not applicable.
Experience: Two years of acute or critical care experience and prior CR, PACS and RIS experience is preferred.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology. If performs CT scans, primary registration and certification by ARRT or primary certification in nuclear medicine by NMTCB is required. Documentation of training and experience in the operation of CT equipment is required.
Licensure/Certification: Current ARRT registration and BLS are required. Radiology Technologist license in states where currently practicing if required. CT certification is preferred. All Radiology Technologists must maintain current continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for ARRT and/or State licensure and BLS certification while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.