Associate Chief Nurse for Clinical Operations
NOTE: Preferred Experience: Prior experience in healthcare leadership, management, supervisory and clinical operations preferred.
The Associate Chief Nurse for Urgent Care, SDS-OR/Specialty Clinics/SPS is a member of the Nurse Executive senior management team. They report directly to the Associate Director Patient/Nursing Services (ADPNS).
- He/She participates in nurse executive decision-making, policy determination and implementation strategies, and collaborates with others to ensure that policies and practices promote optimum patient care outcomes and efficiency.
- He/She will assist the Associate Director Patient/Nursing Services (ADPNS) with directing the practice of Nursing and establishing nursing standards throughout the Manchester Health Care System, and through appropriate expert consultation.
- He/She will provide direction to all other ADPNS staff in the absence of the ADPNS including Pharmacy,Infection Control, Nurse Informatacist, Education and Social Work.
- He/She will assist with staffing, disciplinary actions, budget development, equipment management, and HR issues.
- He/She is directly responsible for the Nursing Practice in Medical and Surgical Specialty Clinics, the OR, Urgent Care and Supply/Processing Services. The managers/Supervisors of these areas will report directly to him/her.
- He/She will be responsible and accountable for the integrated programs that cross service and discipline lines.
- He/She will use their expertise to assess, design, measure and evaluate broad programs and clinical practice.
- He/She will use current trends and relevant theory to identify and analyze problem areas in programs and practice.
- He/She will accept substantial and continuing responsibility for directing and managing the programs assigned to them.
- He/She will have a leadership role in applying ethical principles to resolve substantial ethical dilemmas in practice, and will be a strong advocate for patient rights.
- He/She will provide leadership in development and evaluation of programs through evidence based practice and system redesign tools.
- He/She will manage resources as they relate to the programs assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- English Language Proficiency: RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 years of nursing practice/experience.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
THE APPLICATION FOR NURSES AND NURSE ANESTHETISTS VA FORM 10-2850A IS REQUIRED BY THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT THIS FORM BY CLOSING DATE ON THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT, YOU WILL BE RATED AS INELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
-VA Form 10-2850A Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist (Required) (All Applicants)
-College Transcripts (Required) (External Applicants)
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- VA Form 10-2850A
- Other Veterans Document