***University Hospital Wound Care Center ***
**Monday thru Friday**
***BACHELOR'S DEGREE REQUIRED***
The Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse-RN) is responsible for the coordination of clinical activities of the Wound Care Center including but not limited to use of organizational skills, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing patient care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
• Provides HBO patient assessment and chamber operation as required.
• Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities, provides direct supervision to clinical staff, (RN, LPN, MA, Med Assist, etc).
• Collaborates with other health care providers, Wound Care Center Physicians, Program Director, and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
• Consistently looks at current processes and procedures and identifies and implements areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA, JCAHO, DOH as well as hospital and DCS requirements.
• Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Program (PIP).
• Engages in staff development, providing general in services as well as individual instruction and orientation. Provides staff recognition through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback.
• Collaborates with Program Director in coordination of program objectives, from a budgetary and financial perspective.
• Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to achieve Wound Care Center quality indicators
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participates in unit Quality Assurance and Improvement.
Participates in hospital committees as designated.
Attends mandatory hospital education.
Attends unit meetings per unit standard.
Adheres to and enforces hospital dress code policy.
Performs additional duties as requested
Registered Nurse with current license. Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
Previous supervisory experience required. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review. ACLS preferred
Minimum of 2 years of management experience in a Wound Treatment Center.
The incumbent in the position will supervise 2 or more employees none of which are Supervisors of others.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Billing and Coding guidelines
Ability to work well with others
To apply please visit us at: https://re12.ultipro.com/div1003/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=13069