(RN) Registered Nurse Access Center PRN
Job Title : (RN) Registered Nurse Access Center -
Employer : HCA Support Services - Access Center
HCA HealthONE is the largest healthcare system in metro Denver area with over 14,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians. Regular named Colorados “Best Company for Working Families”
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA/HealthONE Denver hospital. Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA/HealthONE Denver hospitals to other facilities and post acute care providers.
SUPERVISOR: Access Center Director
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Work as a consumer-responsive transfer and transport call center, respond to all callers with the aid of a computer and database of service profiles, and approve clinical protocols and healthcare information.
• Use and follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and established resources.
• Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
• Accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in EMTALA.
• Consult with on-call physicians on patient care and advise when appropriate.
• Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge of hospitals medical staff, services, and special programs.
• Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies, and procedures.
• Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call centers customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
• Maintain composure and customer service oriented communication with challenging callers.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Other duties as assigned.