Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Inpatient Rehabilitation
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join the Rehab Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
The Rehab Center at Johnston-Willis Hospital is an acute inpatient rehabilitation unit. Newly renovated, it is a spacious 44 bed unit with large rooms and includes two large gyms, laundry, kitchen and dining room.
On average, our patient population consists of 60% stroke patients, 20% cardiac rehab patients, and 20% orthopedic/other patients. We received the Joint Commission Basic Stroke Certification in 2016.
We are proud that our patient-nurse ratio is 6:1; this allows our nurses and our patient care technicians to focus on the whole patient and provide individualized care to each patient. Because our patients average length of stay is 12-14 days, our nurses are able to see first-hand the improvements our patients make as a result of the nursing care they provide.
We offer continuing education opportunities to our nurses including a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse course (CRRN).
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to inpatient rehabilitation such as cancer care - through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Certified Nursing Assistant will perform care under the direction of the unit Registered Nurse and Nursing Leadership Team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
2. Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
3. Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
4. Documents required information according to established guidelines.
5. Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
6. Promotes financial responsibility.
7. Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities.
8. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.