Critical Care Nurse Tech Temp
*Must have flexibility to attend hospital orientation. Hospital orientation will be an upcoming Monday (full day), with nursing/clinical orientations on Tuesday and Wednesday (partial days) the first week.
The Nurse Technician assists in the provision of individualized nursing care based on the developmental levels of the patient under the direction of a registered nurse and in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by the medical center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. The Nurse Technician utilizes a patient/family-centered approach in delivering care to assigned patients and works to continually improve services and processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Facilitates and assists the registered nurse (RN) in the delivery of patient care reporting any changes in the patient's condition to the RN
- Observes, monitors, documents, and reports changes in patient vital signs
- Sets up patient room/bedside for admission
- Attaches the patient to appropriate monitoring devices- Pulse Oximetry, cardiac monitor
- Answers phones, inputs orders, and performs clerical functions, as needed
- Assists and performs patient's daily care such as bathing, oral care, ambulation, bed making, nutritional needs, etc
- Communicates in a therapeutically and developmentally appropriate manner with patients and families
- Restocks unit supplies to maintain efficiency in the delivery of care
- Has knowledge of and performs skills as outlined by the Nurse Tech I and II competencies
- Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Technician I: Currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing; succcessful completion of at least one full semester of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Basic personal computer skills