RN - Med/Surg Float Pool - Sign On Bonus**
Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Childrens Hospital have once again been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Las Vegas metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report! Sunrise is thrilled and honored to have been named the top hospital in Las Vegas both times U.S. News has released its regional rankings. Additionally, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Childrens Hospital has been voted Nevadas Consumer Choice Hospital for fifteen consecutive years is the result of the commitment our physicians, staff and volunteers have to providing the highest quality care and service to our community. For additional information about our hospital, please visit www.sunrisehospital.com and learn more about the care and services provided by the facility and our community involvement. Sunrise is a 730 bed facility, we are the largest HCA facility, as well as being the largest in the State of Nevada. We are a Trauma II Level Medical Center.
To learn more about HCA please visit www.hcahealthcare.com
Sunrise Hospital &
Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an
unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective,
integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our
patients, physicians, employees, and community.
Registered Nurse General - Float Pool - Full Time Nights
To provide a number of qualified and experienced licensed RNs available for ad hoc assignments to assist in appropriate staffing of the facility. Following completion of orientation and training this role is eligible for a $5.00 per hour premium incentives. All staff must have two full years of acute care experience per specialty, no new grads.
Participants are to be oriented a maximum of two shifts per specialty if necessary.
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.