Medical Assistant PRN
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice within our HCA Physician Services Group, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs - from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services. The Medical Assistant is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Scheduling and canceling patient appointments
- Checking-in and checking-out patients
- Entering charges and payments
- Answering the telephone
- Verifying patient insurance and demographics
- Collection of co-payments/coinsurance and personal balances
- Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
- May collect patient specimens.
- Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
- Prepares and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties:
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
- Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.