Registered Nurse (RN) Saginaw ER Seasonal
Registered Nurse - RN
Emergency Room - ER
Seasonal PRN Status - Full-time Schedule
is a Joint Commission accredited, full service emergency room and operates as a department of Medical City Alliance, the rapidly growing full service hospital which opened in February 2015 to serve the growing population of the Alliance corridor and beyond. The 11,000 square-foot, 12-bed facility is located at 727 W Bailey Bowell Road near the intersection of Bailey Boswell Road and US 287. Board certified emergency physicians provide emergency coverage for both pediatric and adult patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The facility also a complete medical laboratory and on-site imaging services.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Clinically proficient in emergency room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
- Prioritize patient care as they present to the department. Re-assessment of patient conditions and symptoms based on initial acuity determination prior to and after medical screening exam as required.
- Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
Seasonal Staff Program Guidelines
Program runs October 1, 2017 - May 12, 2018
Must have 2 years of Emergency Department experience.
All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
Current PRN employees who have committed to work or have worked, on average, a minimum of 96 hours or more in the previous six pay periods, are not eligible to transfer into the seasonal program.