Registered Nurse Progressive Care
Medical City Dallas
Registered Nurse - RN - Progressive Care Unit - PCU
FULL TIME NIGHTS, Rotating Weekend
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
The PCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service line
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Progressive Care environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual Progressive Care patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding healthcare
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive Progressive Care environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
Medical City is a very “special” ANCC Magnet
medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commissions highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City.