Registered Nurse - Family Birthing Center
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The professional nurse practices, delegates, and collaborates with other team members to facilitate the coordination and delivery of patient care for the assigned patient population. The patient population identified as neonate, adolescent and adult. Reports to Director FBC.
- Nursing Process - Provides quality of care utilizing the nursing process. Develops plan of care with appropriate intervention for the ante partum, intra partum, post partum and newborn patients.
- Leadership - Demonstrates leadership to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Delegates responsibilities to appropriate member of the care team. Has the autonomy capability and motivation to be identified as one of principle care givers for the patient providing appropriate teaching and communicating pertinent information across continuum of patient care. Directs accesses and provides patient care to outpatients as well as inpatients.
- Professional Behavior - Acts as a role model by promoting a professional and collaborating approach with all members of the care team collaborates and works cooperatively to resolve problems and ensure excellence in clinical practice. Demonstrates and promotes cultural sensitivity.
- Quality - Actively participates in initiatives to ensure quality outcomes of patient care. Adheres to and responsible for meeting all standards of care as it relates to AWHONN, American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of OB, GYN, JCAHO, national and local regulatory requirements.
- Competency - Maintains accountability for professional competency. Demonstrates competent knowledge and critical thinking to promote optimal patient care in the FBC including Surgical Rooms. Maintains required knowledge and skills, completes general unit/department specific competencies.
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Fetal Monitoring
- Acts as mentor/preceptor
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including exposure to all patient elements in blood borne pathogenics, physical requirement lifting and pulling patients, pushing stretches, standing and walking.
- May be exposed to environmental hazards such as anesthesia gases or elements.
- Ability to interact with patient and families with tact and confidentiality.
- Ability to approach clinical responsibilities for patient with regard to growth and development issues relate to specific age groups of population served.
- Graduate of accredited RN program. Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.