Registered Nurse - Float
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process, diagnoses to treat human responses to actual or potential problems and is accountable to the patient, family and peers for the totality of work performed in order that the organization can fulfill its primary mission of providing quality health care within the community. Population serviced includes adult, geriatric patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Reports to the Assistant Director.
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients before, during and after procedures to provide safe, efficient procedures. Evaluate the plan of care and the patient's responses: reassess and revise the plan based upon changing needs and priorities.
- Set up and use all equipment needed to do procedures.
- Act as resource for all procedures in the unit and on call.
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to insure the integration of information for use by the health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively as part of the department team to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality Improvement Program.
- Responsible for own professional development to insure appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- ACLS certification required
- Intravenous therapy experience required (included starting IV's)
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens, physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to demonstrate and perform strengthening and toning exercises.
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and confidentiality.
- Utilize basic computer skills in order to access and use Healthstream to complete mandatory training; to access e-mail notices; and to access and use the Hospital Intranet.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.