Assistant Operations Manager (RN)
The Assistant Operations Manager (AOM) assists and serves as back-up for the Operations Manager who has accountability for assigned primary care clinic. The AOM reports to the Operations Manager to support the mission, vision, and objectives of the Medical Center and the Division. The AOM providers programmatic leadership in delivering and improving holistic care to primary care patients through collaborative strategies. The AOM is accountable for the following activities: 1) supervising and evaluating day-to-day activities and performance and competency of nursing and other professional and ancillary support staff assigned to the clinic; 2) awards and recognition, and disciplinary actions as necessary; 3) assurance of proper timekeeping; 4) approval of leave of absence; 5) plans and manages clinic staffing (including hiring/terminations) to meet patient care needs, to achieve cost-effective clinic operations to meet productivity goals; 6) assures, maintains and improves competence and professional role of staff members which includes providing staff development opportunities and facilitating research-based practice. The incumbent is also knowledgeable and skillful in current labor relation practices and laws, and the concepts of AFGE partnership.
Work Schedule: Monday - Saturday. varying tours
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
If you fail to submit the required documents, you will be considered ineligible for consideration.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Other Veterans Document