Registered Nurse - Urology Clinic - HCC Charlotte
The Medical Specialty Clinic Registered Nurse is accountable to the Nurse Manager of the Specialty Clinics. The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with other health team members to develop, implement and coordinate patient care delivery to achieve maximum quality, patient centered care, positive patient outcomes, and appropriate utilization of resources to a culturally diverse Veteran patient population in the Ambulatory Care setting.
Commonly performed duties will include, but not limited to:
Providing medical management and/monitoring of the various diagnoses and diseases processes related to any specialties, including treatment modalities, evidence-based nursing care, medical protocols and the ability to manage patients with medical diagnosis.
* Provide care to male and female Veterans in an Ambulatory care setting; in addition, possesses a knowledge of treatment modalities, evidence based nursing care, medical protocols and the ability to manage patients with medical diagnosis which include but not limited to cardiovascular disease, cancer, gastrointestinal disorders, circulatory impairments, urological disorders, intestinal herniation, fistulas, podiatry disorders, diabetes with vascular involvement, malignancies, ophthalmology disorders, neurological disorders and dermatology disorders.
* Outpatient clinic coordination and patient flow management, including appointment management, triage of patients, patient education, monitoring of patient progress toward predetermined goals and timely follow-up.
* Familiarity with appropriate specimen collection and labeling procedures, laboratory results, critical values/parameters and follow up protocols in collaboration with providers.
* Accurately documents the completion of procedures and the patient's responses.
* Maintaining a clean, safe and therapeutic environment for the patients, families, peers and interdisciplinary team members.
* The Medical Specialty Clinic RN will provide comprehensive nursing care in the clinic setting through utilization of the nursing process and adhere to established policies and procedures; maintain knowledge and competency in nursing practice and professional issues.
* Accurately verify and validate providers' orders, safely implement all treatments/procedures and accurately document the completion of treatments/procedures along with the patient's response.
Preferred Experience 1 - 2 years minimum of Outpatient clinic experience
Work Schedule: Typical schedule is Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30p.m. However, it is subject to change based on organizational needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.