Registered Nurse (Nurse Manager of Clinical Resource Allocation)
The Nurse Manager of Clinical Resource Allocation (NM CRA) is responsible for direct supervision and oversight for programs associated with clinical resources and operations such as but not limited to Patient Flow Coordination, Discharge Planner, Nurse On Duty, RNs and Nursing Assistants, Float Pool, and the Student Nurse Technicians. The Nurse Manager will act as the subject matter expert and facilitator for the implementation and ongoing management of the Office of Nursing Service Staffing Methodology to support the safe and timely provision of Veteran-centric nursing care. The NMCRA also serves as the subject matter expert for the scheduling software used to track and monitor nursing time and attendance, generates, manages and updates work schedules while making adjustments as needed according to census fluctuations, call-ins, and pre-planned leave of absence. Additional responsibilities include maintaining optimal staffing levels and skill mix for maximum utilization and efficiency of nursing staff and related resources, validating daily Veteran care needs, and collaborating with Nursing Leadership to identify and share resources. The NMCRA conducts ongoing database surveillance to identify trends and areas for improvement in order to improve the quality of health and safety of our Veterans, support strategic decision-making through benchmarking, and support data driven decisions in clinical practice and staffing methodology. The NM CRA receives and directs "call in" information to the appropriate Nurse Manager/Chief Nurse and keeping meticulous attendance records. The NM establishes collaborative working relationships with nursing leaders, physicians and other clinicians to assist in managing their daily needs. The NM participates in service and medical center committees/task forces to improve nursing practice care and patient care, identifies educational needs of staff and ensures that these needs are addressed. Designated first -line supervisory authority, responsibility, and accountability for the 24/7 operations of their staff, ensuring that subordinate personnel provide timely nursing care which complies with generally accepted standard of clinical practice.Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Occasional travel between campuses as needed.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Day hours, as needed by service
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application. You must submit a CV or Resume (To verify that you meet the qualification for the position, your resume must list the name, city and state of all the schools that you attended, the month/year you graduated and the type of degree you were awarded. Also you must list the information regarding your license to include: state, license number and expiration date.) Transcripts not required if the information is listed on your resume.
- Cover Letter
- Nursing Application VA form 102850a
- Other Veterans Document