CNA II PRN (Nights)
*PRN Nights 7p-7a
West Florida Healthcare is proud to be the only hospital in the area to offer all private rooms as well as the areas only Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and is the areas only accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the areas only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nations leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required
- Previous hospital experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus