Emergency Room Technician PRN
Working under the supervision of the charge nurse, the Emergency Room Technician performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Responsible for stocking rooms with supplies.
- Collects urine drug and breath alcohol screens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.