ER Clinical Coordinator - RN
25 Bed ED (Peds and Adult). Serve patients in accordance with guidelines established to include the treatment, management, and diagnostic evaluation of all populations. Patient population includes neonate/infant, child/pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.POSITION SUMMARY:
Accountable for clinical and operational functions of an assigned unit. Assumes the responsibility of managing the departments activities in the absence of the Director, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC.
Full Time DaysESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve delivery of quality care.
2. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
3. Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Advises the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections and quality improvement processes.
5. Anticipates and estimates future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care.
6. Administers, analyzes and evaluates the care given to patients, ensuring the delivery of quality care.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
8. Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
9. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
10. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
11. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
12. Participates in planning and implementing patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
13. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
14. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
16. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
17. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
18. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
19. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
20. Other duties as assigned