Patient Care Tech - Cardiac Step down Unit - Days
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Ability to float to all units within the hospital where a need is presented.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
• Presents self in a professional manner.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
• Answers telephones, maintains supplies, works on projects, including computer based projects, to support the department.
• Other duties as assigned to support the department.