Patient Transporter-Sterile Processing (5am - 1:30pm)
opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogs Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.sahealth.com/ and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Patient Transporter provides every patient with the highest quality of professional care and ensure the safety of the patient while in transport. Uses good body mechanics needed to care for patients. Demonstrates knowledge needed for proper use of wheelchairs, stretchers and other transporting equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Transporter must introduce His/Herself to the patient; identify the patient by checking armband to assure transportation of the correct patient.
2. Provide transportation of patients throughout the hospital, including discharge.
3. Signs the patient in and out on the unit or uses Teletracking Transport module.
4. Maintains a cooperative and ethical relationship with patients.
5. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all tasks.
6. Understands and follows fall prevention and hand-off communication in the performance of all tasks.