Registered Nurse - Float Pool - Full-Time Nights
Nurses must be able to float to at least 3 areas. Areas needed currently are Medical/Surgical, ICU Telemetry, Day Recovery, ER, etc.
The position is under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Supervisor of the Nursing Unit. According to hospital policies and procedures, the Staff Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.
- Performs complete and accurate nursing assessment on assigned patients.
- Considers age related factors (i.e., infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Completes admission interview within 8 hours or less of the patient's admission to the hospital on assigned patients
- Priorities of care are established and based on presenting medical history, past medical history, nursing observations and assessments.
- Completes Valuables form at time of admission.Identifies changes in patient condition (i.e., test results, abnormal findings, etc.) and reports to the physician and/or Supervisor unit/primary nurse for patient.
- Initiates, individualizes nursing care plan during admission process.
- Collaborates with the primary nurse to initiate now and stat orders.
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to patient needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Documents medications given on MAR, and any responses as appropriate
- Initiates appropriate teaching and/or referrals
- Assesses injury causation which may implicate any form of abuse or neglect. (i.e. child abuse, child neglect, elder abuse, elder neglect, or domestic violence. Assures neglect or injury is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- Reports assessment and care details to primary nurse/unit supervisor before admitting next patient.
- Works as staff nurse when house supervisor assigns to staff nurse duties
- Performs other tasks as appropriate as per the house supervisor:
- Transferring patients
- Assisting with discharges
- Starting IV's
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First" safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.