Registered Nurse (RN)--Medical Oncology
TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) - Sarah Cannon Cancer Center - 3 Central -
Medical Oncology--FT Nights
*$5K SIGN-ON BONUS*
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
3 Central Medical Oncology
is an acute care unit that provides care for adult and geriatric medical oncology, hematological oncology, hematological disorders and medical surgical patients. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Management of patients with radiation implants
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Management of spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy
- Management of neutropenia /thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain Management
- Telemetry monitoring
- Palliative & End-of-Life care
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.