Registered Nurse (RN)Newborn Nursery Days
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. In collaboration with the patients family and other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, the NICU RN plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates the plan of care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competences will be assessed primarily on the following patient population served: Neonate patients with diagnoses/conditions including but not limited to pulmonary systems, renal, metabolic, and those requiring isolations/precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for NICU patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Assesses, plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response: monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.