Licensed Practical Nurse (TeleHealth)
The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for one Full-time, Permanent, Licensed Practical Nurse. This position will be located in the Associate Director Patient Care Services - TeleHealth. As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you are responsible for the following duties to include, but not limited to:
- Incumbent performs Telehealth imaging, including tele-retinal screening, tele-dermatology, tele-wound care imaging and other Telehealth programming as technology becomes available.
- The incumbent serves as a patient site clinical coordinator of Telehealth services in assigned clinic(s).
- Incumbent is responsible for the patient site clinical, business, scheduling and technical aspects for real-time Telehealth applications, including, all specialty and primary care Telehealth encounters (clinical video, imaging and support of home Telehealth).
- Maintains, inventories and trains staff on all video-conferencing technologies, Telehealth peripherals including stethoscopes and otoscopes.
- Opens the Telehealth patient room, readies the equipment for the examination, training, education, access, and establishes the online, video conferencing or other connections. Creates the appropriate clinical and/or training setting/environment using interactive technology and is knowledgeable of adult learning using interactive technology and maximizing environments to support such activity. The above activities are conducted for Clinic Based Telehealth and Home Telehealth.
- Schedules, confirms and coordinates Telehealth services of inpatients and outpatients to/from VISN to VISN, Facility to Facility, CBOC to CBOC etc. and private facilities including nursing homes, hospitals and clinics.
- Reviews each Telehealth encounter planned for needed resources (e.g. video conferencing, clinical peripherals, tele-presenter, scheduling, medical equipment, telehealth environment) to ensure resources are appropriate and meet safety requirements for the patient telehealth encounter.
- Documents patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and performing other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.Assignment to other areas of the service line, medical center, or other CBOC's may be required. The LPN reports to the CLC Nurse Manager and works in collaboration with his/her assigned team, however, assignments may be made to other areas for purposes of cross coverage.
Functional Statement Title/#: Licensed Practical Nurse (TeleHealth)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Citizen of the United States.
- Graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Applicant must possess and maintain a full, active, current, and unrestricted license as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or in the District of Columbia.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.Grade Requirements:
- None beyond the Basic Requirements.
- Education/Experience Required:Six months of qualifying experience as an LPN or LVN; OR
- Graduation from an approved school and one year of experience that involved nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures; OR
- Graduation from an approved school of at least 24 months duration.
- Experience Required:Completion of at least 1 year of qualifying experience at the GS-4 level or equivalent.
- Experience Required:Completion of at least 1 year of qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent.
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is 06. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-03 to GS-06. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/3, Part II, Appendix G13 LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated April 10, 2003. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The position requires long periods of standing, walking, stooping and/or bending, in addition occasional lifting and carrying of moderately heavy objects. Rigid deadlines and need for high degree of accuracy periodically becomes stressful. Driving is required with the use of a government vehicle. Unrestricted and current driver's license required.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package which includes the following REQUIRED material listed below:
- Complete and current professional resume or CV.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations. Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. (Listed within the Application Manager program when you click on the "Apply Online" button).
- Please use the checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.