Registered Nurse ( Consultation Care Management)
The Consultation RN Case Manager is a registered professional nurse, qualified by education and experience to provide direct staff support to Consultation Care Service in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying, and evaluating the effectiveness of program components and/ or services to improve the quality of patient care and the appropriateness and timeliness of services provided. The Consultation RN Case Manager is aligned within the Consultation Care Service and is responsible for providing the clinical leadership and expertise for the coordination of the medical center's Non-VA care authorization program as well as interfacility consultation. He/she possesses intimate knowledge of Fee federal regulations, VHA guidelines, medical review criteria, utilization management processes, clinical documentation requirements, current standards of care, and compliance guidelines. Clinical oversight of the Non-VA care approval process is provided by the medical center Chief of Staff and/or designated appointee. The incumbent supports the medical center's mission by possessing and exemplifying the Eight Core Competencies of the High Performance Model.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday and may vary depending on the hiring facility.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Announcement will be checked every 10 days for applications
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
-Broadly acquainted with clinical treatment modalities.
-Have a basic understanding of the following:
a) The organization and administration of multifaceted health care delivery systems
b) Specialty and subspecialty care
c) Educational principles
d) Database management
e) Accreditation standards
f) Utilization review and/or management
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter