Registered Nurse(RN) Charge Medical Surgical
Charge Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Unit
Shift: rotating weekends
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center
(TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Unit.
- The Lead Charge Nurse is a professional nurse leader who is permanently assigned the responsibility for organizing and managing his/her unit on each assigned shift.
- He/she ensures that individualized, age specific, goal directed care is provided on her unit.
- The Lead Charge Nurse ensures that the needs of the patient/client are assessed in order to develop and evaluate a plan of care.
- The Lead Charge Nurse ensures that the plans of care for patients are on current nursing knowledge/skills and institutional methodology.
- The Lead Charge Nurse makes assignments to licensed and non-licensed staff commensurate with their experience, knowledge and ability and according to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and hospital policy.
- Responsible for compliance with overall nursing practice standards of the specialty area (Reports to Department Director
- Responsible for compliance with standards during assigned shift (Reports to House Supervisor
- Uses established principles of delegation and supervision to direct the activities of all licensed and non-licensed care givers and support staff in the delivery of patient care during their assigned shif
- Uses independent judgment to ensure optimal delivery of patient care and appropriate use of available resources
OUR Mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.