Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (7 South) (PRN)
Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - 7 South Medical Surgical
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - 7 South Medical Surgical.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of patient-related equipment
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related technical skills
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit meeting
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or unit projects
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and visitor
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care implementation
- Keeps self-informed of various changes and concerns through the use of Meditech, communication books, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other duties assigned
- Adheres the Customer Service Principles of Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals