Registered Nurse (RN) Robotics Team Lead - OR
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Responsibilities of the Robotics Team Lead:
- Manage robotic surgery schedule.
- Order and maintain inventory of EndoWrist instruments and accessories.
- Order and maintain ancillary supplies related to robotic surgery.
- Maintain and update OR/Hospital protocols related to robotic surgery.
- Manage routine preventative maintenance on daVinci™ Surgical System.
- Set up of auxiliary equipment for da Vinci procedures (ESU/Bipolar, Gyrus, Endo-Stabilizer, etc.).
- In-service OR Nursing & CST staff on pre-, intra-, & post-operative management of the da Vinci Surgical System.
- Conduct da Vinci System Training via the Interactive Training Tool
- Clinical troubleshooting of the daVinci™ Surgical System during robotic procedures.
- Set up daVinci™ Surgical System for surgical procedures.
- Assist as scrub nurse or first assistant at the patient side for surgical procedures (if applicable).
- Supervise the preparation and positioning of patients for robotic procedures.
- Maintain records of surgical procedure pathways and guidelines.
- Document procedure results and assist with procedure data collection and management.
- Target and support new surgeons interested in robotic surgery.
- Develop and maintain a Clinical Pathway for individual robotic surgery surgical teams.
- In-service Central Supply/ Processing regarding cleaning & sterilization of Endowrist Instruments & accessories.
- Point person for any da Vinci related questions (System or Clinical).
- Liaison between hospital, ISI, and health care professionals.
- Demonstrate daVinci™ Surgical System to surgeons or visiting groups.
Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 11 Main OR Suites and 1 Neurology
- On average, perform 29 - 40 cases daily and roughly 600/month
- Procedures Performed: da Vinci Robot (SI and XI), orthopedic, spine, neuro, and general surgery
- Teamwork is heavily focused to promote better patient experience
- A supportive culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- Department Website: http://lewisgale.com/service/surgical-services
Check out the LewisGale Medical Center hospital culture!