RN Critical Care / ICU Float Pool
Medical City Dallas
RN - Registered Nurse - ICU Float Pool - Critical Care Resource Pool
Schedule: Full Time Nights
Medical City Hospital Dallas
currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
The Critical Care Resource Pool (ICU Float Pool) RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas:
Medical City was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve magnet status and is a very “special” ANCC Magnet medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commissions highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City.